Why'd You Buy That?
Doom-Scrolling, Cereal in Bulk and Shoes of NY with Lexi Cross
On this episode Dan, Drew, and Jess are joined by Lexi Cross, the cofounder of ShoesOf, a website dedicated to footwear, fashion, and the stories behind the shoes of New York. In the first section of today’s podcast, Dan, Drew, and Jess discuss "doom-scrolling" and social media as it affects the youth of America as well as our spending habits. In the second portion of the episode, they're joined by Lexi Cross to talk about how she founded Shoes Of, her favorite street style moments and the issue of sustainability in the fashion industry. Then Dan, Drew, and Jessica close out the episode with a round of Why’d You Buy That. This week’s purchases include a breakfast essential as well as two forms of fall fun.
If you would like to give us your input, have any comments, or questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doom-scrolling and social media
- Dan, Jess, and Drew’s thoughts on The Social Dilemma
- Purchasing phones for middle school age kids
- The purpose of apps and what they want of you
- The responsibility that come with smartphones, social media, and plastic
- Advertising and being targeted by ads
- Cancel Culture
Lexi Cross of ShoesOf
- Stories and anecdotes since Lexi started ShoesOf
- Plastic, sustainability and fast fashion
- The Desert Island Question
Why’d You Buy That?
- Dan’s serial cereal habits
- Jess' fall foliage foray
- Drew’s price-gouged gourds
Brought to you by Drew Adams of Why'd You Buy That?