Why'd You Buy That?
Singles Day and Values-based spending with the Money Script
On today’s episode Dan, Drew, and Jessica are joined by Yohance Harrison from Money Script Wealth. Yohance began his financial services career over twenty years ago and now finds himself living his passion as the founder and CEO of Money Script Wealth Management, PLLC. Today he’s here to talk to us about behavioral financial planning as well as his goal of increasing financial awareness, intelligence, and literacy in the black, brown, and indigeonous communities. He also plays Why’d You Buy that, and gives us one of the healthiest responses we’ve heard yet.
We also go over what Singles Day is and compare the differences in online shopping services as well as digital flash sales. Are these examples of how digital marketing and sales will go in the future? What are the odds that we’ll see a house for sale on Amazon soon?
If you would like to give us your input, have any comments, or questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Shopping” Holidays
- The history of Singles Day (November 11th)
- Alibaba (the Chinese equivalent of Amazon)
- Streamed live events
- Singles Day versus Cyber Monday, Black Friday, Prime Day, and... Pi Day
- Yohance Harrison from Money Script Wealth
- What is behavioral financial planning?
- Yohance’s background and journey to being an independent
- Strategies for how to change your financial habits
- Steps and plans he makes with his clients
- Working with couples with different values
- Our views and first impressions of money
- What is a “money script?”
- Increasing financial awareness, intelligence, and literacy in minorities
- The role of money in the Black Lives Matter movement
- The Money Script podcast
- Why’d You Buy That:
Brought to you by Drew Adams of Why'd You Buy That?